Designed by Earl Edward Sanborn in 1930, three lancet windows above the Crypt Chapel altar were the first commissioned out of many windows to come designed by Sanborn. Dr. Ogilby who gave Sanborn the commission for these windows, asked for a crucifixion scene, following the general design Sanborn created for a church in Montreal. The window takes on a brown flesh tone evoking a 12th century feeling. The Crypt Chapel is the spiritual heart of the building. It’s the first part of the Chapel to be completed and also held the first service displaying these windows.
Trinity College Crypt Chapel
- Trinity College Chapel: The Rose Window0MI / N
- Trinity College Chapel: The Wolsey Window0MI / N
- Trinity College Chapel Sculpture0MI / N
- Trinity College Chapel: Ogilby and Brent; Emerson and Thoreau Windows (American Friendships)0MI / N
- Trinity College Chapel: Lancelot and King Arthur; Hamlet and Horatio Windows (Friends and Literature)0MI / N
- Trinity College Chapel: The Last Supper Window0MI / N