Windsor lawyer Roger Ludlow (1590-not known) drafted the Fundamental Orders, a constitution adopted by the Connecticut Colony in 1639. Brooks’ portrait is successful in that it captures the scholarly essence of his subject, deep in thought and with a tome under his right arm.
State Capitol, north facade, sixth statue from the left
- Capitol Sculpture, North Facade: Portrait Roundel of Orville Hitchcock Platt0MI / SW
- Capitol Sculpture, North Facade: Early Colonial Connecticut and Founding Fathers0MI / E
- Capitol Sculpture, North Facade: Captain Joseph Wadsworth Hiding The Royal Charter In The Charter Oak0MI / E
- Capitol Dome: Allegories of Humanity: Agriculture, Commerce, Law, War, Science and Music0MI / S
- Capitol Sculpture, North Facade: John Haynes0MI / E
- Nathan Hale, Capitol Lobby0MI / SW