Sculptures adorning Jarvis Hall at Trinity College.
Old Campus Tympanum
Created by Albert Entress, the Jarvis Hall Tympanum depicts the old campus of Trinity College that was moved to make room for the Capitol Building. Although it is inscribed with the date 1898, it was actually carved in 1908. There is no known benefactor, but research into the Trustee’s Minutes suggests that the college did not commission it as the college did not have the funds. Peter Knapp, a former Watkinson Librarian (Trinity College’s Library), suggested that the tympanum was a class gift in honor of the twentieth anniversary of the relocation to Gallows Hill, the new campus.
Sculpted by Albert Entress, it depicts St. Anthony above the right and left sides of one of the Jarvis Hall entrances. Class of 87’ donated this sculpture in 1907. Inscription reads 1887.
Man in Oxford Hat
Sculpted by Albert Entrees, it depicts a man in an Oxford Hat above the right and left sides of one of the Jarvis Hall entrances. Trinity College Class of 81’ donated this sculpture in 1907. Inscription reads 1881.
Trinity College Jarvis Hall on the Long Walk
- Trinity College Jarvis Hall0MI / N
- Trinity College Northam Towers0MI / S
- Trinity College Williams Memorial Building0MI / N
- Trinity College Downes Memorial Clock Tower0.1MI / NE
- Trinity College Chapel: Damon and Phintias; Aeneas and Achates Windows0.1MI / NE
- Trinity College Chapel: David and Jonathan; Philip and Nathanael Windows (Biblical Friendships)0.1MI / NE